As a Kitchen Assistant you will assist in organising and preparing quality food under the supervision of the Cook/Chef, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness. The residents in our care home really relish meal times. Join us as a Kitchen Assistant and help make our residents very happy – all whilst developing your catering skills and enjoying some great benefits. Gracewell Healthcare are one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services and are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to help our kitchen team produce nutritious meals several times a day to ensure our residents needs are met.
The main responsibilities of the Kitchen Assitant Role are:·
• To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals to residents.
• To maintain cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring the premises are always cleaned to the highest standard, following the requirements of the cleaning schedule.
• Assist in the preparation of cold meals e.g. sandwiches and salads.
• To monitor and record all deliveries and dispatches of frozen and dry foods.
• To work as part of a team and participate is staff meetings
• To wash up after meals, ensuring all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately.
• Clean the dining areas, where appropriate.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Gracewell Healthcare is a leading premier healthcare provider of residential, nursing and dementia care delivered in a most luxurious home environment providing the very highest standards of care to our residents. We believe great care starts with great people. Gracewell Healthcare has a varied range of career options available to individuals all supported by extensive learning and development programmes to make the most of your career with us.